Earlier today we announced a new partnership with VMIX, the leading online video platform and media management service, to enable Media, Non-Profit and Enterprise customers to provide VMIX clients with a single, seamless solution for live, mobile and on-demand video. (press release).
This partnership will open up new distribution and monetization opportunities for Qik users, while VMIX customers can now seamlessly integrate mobile video uploads from more than 140 mobile phones into their VMIX platform enabling them to add a new, cost-effective source of publisher-produced and user-generated video to their mix of online content.
Key features of this integration include:
- Automatic upload your videos to your VMIX account
- Share your or any public videos to VMIX by clicking the Share link under the video on Qik.com
Getting started with the integration:
If you have setup any network on Qik before, then setting up the integration with VMIX will be a breeze.
- Login to Qik.com, go to Edit Networks and click on the VMIX icon. Don’t see a VMIX icon? Contact your VMIX account manager to get it enabled or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Then click the big blue button that says “I am already a VMIX customer” and enter your Qik-VMIX upload token. If you don’t have your Qik-VMIX upload token please contact your VMIX account manager to get your special token.
- Then select the option to auto upload all your public Qik videos to VMIX. You can always skip this and upload individual videos by pressing the Share link below each video.
- Click Save and you are Done!
That’s it!! Then next time you Qik – your videos will start showing up as media assets on your VMIX implementation.
Coming to Streaming Media West? Drop by the VMIX booth #712 to see the integration in action.
Also, if you have any questions please feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com.