We are very excited to announce a major update to our Qik VideoCamera app in the Apple App Store. Not only did we make some significant quality improvements (like recording videos with 15 frames per second), but we have also included some cool effects that enable you to personalize the video you are taking. You can even have some fun turning your friends into a Na’vi from the planet Pandora like in the movie Avatar!
Cool real-time effects (iPhone 2G and 3G only)
Make a statement with your videos by applying some amazing effects in real-time as you record the video.
- Black & White
- Red Effect
- The Avatar Mode (Color Game): Make your friends look like the Na’vis from the planet Pandora as in the movie Avatar by making them blue
- Mirror Effect: It’s like being in the mirror funhouse at the fair!
Make your videos shine with more controls
Portrait mode to small to capture the entire scene? Want to get that closeup shot? Now you can do this and more with controls like:
- Landscape mode: all you do is turn the phone around and start recording.
- Brightness control
- Audio boost for better audio
This update comes with a number of quality enhancements:
- Record videos with 15 frames per second even on your iPhone 2G / 3G.
- No recording limits. You can record for as long as you want and are limited only by the storage available on your iPhone
- Optimized storage: Your videos only take up less space allowing to record more videos
- Real-time encoding: Your video is instantly available for viewing on the phone, sharing with friends with no additional processing time needed
So turn your iPhone 2G and 3G into a video camera and create Avatars for your friends with Qik VideoCamera (only $0.99). As usual – if you have any feedback or thoughts, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.