We can’t express how hard it has been to keep this a secret!
After months of rigorous testing of all mobile video applications, Nokia has selected Qik as the exclusive live mobile video application to be pre-loaded on the Nokia N97. What does this mean? Anyone who buys a Nokia N97 will find Qik already pre-installed on the device. (press release)
"We have been working with Qik since its entry to the market and have seen the way they have rapidly progressed to being recognized as the leader in the mobile video space," said Rob Taylor, Vice President of Forum Nokia. "Qik was an obvious choice when we were looking to pre-load an innovative mobile video solution on the Nokia N97 and future Symbian S60 devices."
To get started with Qik on the N97, go to the Application folder and press the Qik icon. Once the application starts, you will be prompted to upgrade. This is a mandatory upgrade so go ahead and select “Yes” when prompted and within seconds, you will be ready to share what you are doing live with your friends and family on any website, blog, or social network.
Feature highlights on the Nokia N97:
Video Quality Enhancements:
- nHD quality video in a widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio video with 642×358 resolution (sample)
- Toggle between the different resolutions, with SD 640×480 resolution, Normal in 352×288 and Low in 176×144.
Share your Qik videos with your friends and family – right from your phone:
- Share your videos via Sms and Email with one touch
- Post videos directly from your phone to YouTube, Facebook and Twitter
Share your location while you Qik:
Share your location with your friends which appears on your profile page
- Track your location live while you stream from one place to another
- Share your location from where you are at City or Street level
- Or choose not to do so at all
Manage your profile and view the videos from the mobile browser:
- Visit your profile page to view and manage the videos you’ve recently streamed
- Visit other’s profiles or videos right from the mobile browser
Enhanced Features on the device also enables you to:
- Qik with front and back camera
- Activate flash settings
Qik in 19 different languages:
Simply change your language preference in your phone settings and Qik will auto detect the default language that you have selected. The languages supported include British English, Chinese, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, and Hebrew.
We appreciate all your feedback and urge you to get in touch with us with any questions, comments, or congratulations at email@example.com. Thanks so much to our invaluable Qikkers for helping us to develop our product to this incredible point!